Swiss Light Artist Gerry Hofstetter and his daughter Céline Hofstetter brought their ‘Light Art Grand Tour USA – 50 US Monuments in the Spotlight’ to the University of Iowa’s Pentacrest Thursday night.
The tour stop in Iowa is one of a tour of 50 state monuments. The show in Iowa City featured light art created by the Hofstetters and their team projected onto the Old Capitol building.
“I selected the building because it stands for the birth of the state, it stands for the vision of the nation,” Hofstetter told the Gazette. “In this building, there were sessions, meetings, events; it’s an interactive place, where people exchange ideas. That’s a philosophical link to our tour — we are about exchanging ideas.”
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football playoffs: 2018 brackets
- Iowa high school football playoffs: Official list of 2018 qualifiers
- Nate Stanley: A fine example of exemplary behavior
- A text, two deaths, a Marion mom’s life forever changed
- Iowa football vs. Maryland: Predictions, How to watch
- Iowa high school football roundup: Week 9 scores, stats and more