Swiss Light Artist Gerry Hofstetter and his daughter Céline Hofstetter brought their ‘Light Art Grand Tour USA – 50 US Monuments in the Spotlight’ to the University of Iowa’s Pentacrest Thursday night.
The tour stop in Iowa is one of a tour of 50 state monuments. The show in Iowa City featured light art created by the Hofstetters and their team projected onto the Old Capitol building.
“I selected the building because it stands for the birth of the state, it stands for the vision of the nation,” Hofstetter told the Gazette. “In this building, there were sessions, meetings, events; it’s an interactive place, where people exchange ideas. That’s a philosophical link to our tour — we are about exchanging ideas.”
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Iowa lawmakers scale back property tax bill
- DirecTV Now loses nearly 20 percent of subscribers in six months
- Goalkeeper Naomi Meurice helps Iowa City High girls’ soccer win fifth match in a row
- Iowa NFL Draft tracker: Live updates, reaction to T.J. Hockenson, Noah Fant picks
- Drake Relays: Ashlyn Keeney is the fastest 3,000 freshman in Iowa history
- Moniker 86 Social Club serves Prohibition-era drinks in Cedar Rapids