Swiss Light Artist Gerry Hofstetter and his daughter Céline Hofstetter brought their ‘Light Art Grand Tour USA – 50 US Monuments in the Spotlight’ to the University of Iowa’s Pentacrest Thursday night.
The tour stop in Iowa is one of a tour of 50 state monuments. The show in Iowa City featured light art created by the Hofstetters and their team projected onto the Old Capitol building.
“I selected the building because it stands for the birth of the state, it stands for the vision of the nation,” Hofstetter told the Gazette. “In this building, there were sessions, meetings, events; it’s an interactive place, where people exchange ideas. That’s a philosophical link to our tour — we are about exchanging ideas.”
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- As government shutdown looms, Sen. Joni Ernst not backing down on ‘Make ’em Squeal’ campaign
- Iowa high school boys' basketball rankings: A new No. 1 in Class 2A
- Armed robbery suspect arrested after brief standoff
- Two men arrested after shooting at Cedar Rapids apartment building
- 3 state executives leaving Kim Reynolds’ new administration
- Iowa City schools closing Roosevelt education center