Hy-Vee’s much-anticipated store in Coralville, located near its border with North Liberty, is set for its grand opening 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The 85,000-square-foot store is located at 3285 Crosspark Rd., north of Interstate 80, off Coral Ridge Avenue. An adjacent convenience store and gas station opened in 2016, but the grocery store — initially slated for a 2017 debut — was delayed for design reevaluation, the retailer said.
The Iowa Department of Transportation plans to open a new interchange at nearby Forevergreen Road in about a year. Hy-Vee Manager Christina Gayman says the store will not hold a “soft” opening.
MORE Business ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Erin Kerkhoff’s ability trumps her disability
- Phil Parker saw what he needed to see to flip the 'cash' switch at Iowa
- Anamosa lawmaker leaves GOP for Democrats
- Oxford assistant fire chief charged with multiple arsons
- Iowa City to replace Gilbert Street bridge near downtown in coming years
- New Cedar Rapids high school principal ready to join Jefferson ‘family’