Hy-Vee’s much-anticipated store in Coralville, located near its border with North Liberty, is set for its grand opening 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The 85,000-square-foot store is located at 3285 Crosspark Rd., north of Interstate 80, off Coral Ridge Avenue. An adjacent convenience store and gas station opened in 2016, but the grocery store — initially slated for a 2017 debut — was delayed for design reevaluation, the retailer said.
The Iowa Department of Transportation plans to open a new interchange at nearby Forevergreen Road in about a year. Hy-Vee Manager Christina Gayman says the store will not hold a “soft” opening.
MORE Business ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Shaken, not slurred: James Bond had ‘a severe chronic alcohol problem,’ public health experts say
- As government shutdown looms, Sen. Joni Ernst not backing down on ‘Make ’em Squeal’ campaign
- Iowa high school boys' basketball rankings: A new No. 1 in Class 2A
- Armed robbery suspect arrested after brief standoff
- Two men arrested after shooting at Cedar Rapids apartment building
- 3 state executives leaving Kim Reynolds’ new administration