CEDAR RAPIDS — Police have identified the driver and passenger killed when the SUV they were in was struck by a train Sunday.
Ethan W. Mortensen, 32, of Ely was driving the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox and David P. Mortensen, 66, of Ely was a passenger when the vehicle was struck by an eastbound Union Pacific train in the 3000 block of C Street SW on Sunday afternoon, according to a news release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
An autopsy is pending with the Linn County Medical Examiner’s Officer and the crash remains under investigation, according to the release.
MORE Public Safety ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Former Iowa football players flock to Dallas to fete Hayden Fry
- Drake Relays 2019: Official list of Iowa high school qualifiers
- Time Machine: What happened to Iowa’s 100th county?
- Apple, Qualcomm, Intel and the future of 5G
- LearningRx franchises aid memory, learning skills
- Catherine McAuley Center assisting local refugees family child care businesses